PROFIM, Asesores Patrimoniales, Empresa de Asesoramiento Financiero, S.L. (PROFIM) is a company engaged in investment services that is supervised by the Executive Service of the Commission for the Prevention of Money Laundering (SEPBLAC), as well as the Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV), and committed to the compliance of the applicable regulations aimed at money laundering prevention and countering the financing of terrorism.
PROFIM, subject to Act 10/2010, of 28 April, on the prevention of money laundering and the financing of terrorism, and its Regulation, Royal Decree 304/2014, of 5 May, has a programme in place to fulfil the prevention of money laundering and the financing of terrorism that is based on an internal policy and procedures from which the following principles arise:
- PROFIM shall refrain from providing services to people or entities that it suspects could be related to money laundering or financing terrorism.
- PROFIM has a specific Internal Control and Communication Body for the prevention of money laundering and the financing of terrorism that is according to the size and model of its business, and it focuses on the detection of transactions related to money laundering or the financing of terrorism.
- PROFIM has a policy of customer admission based on the application of identification and verification procedures on customers and the owners before initiating a business relationship.
- PROFIM has a follow-up and supervisory programme in place for the business relationships of customers by degree of risk.
- The company has implemented a yearly training plan for its employees.
- PROFIM's internal policy and procedures are subject to review by its Internal Auditing Unit and on a yearly basis by an External Auditor registered in the files and records of the Executive Service of the Commission (SEPBLAC).
- PROFIM safeguards all the documentation of its customers for 10 years and it is made available to the SEPBLAC during this period.
- PROFIM shall communicate to SEPBLAC and the competent authorities any transactions that are suspect of being related to money laundering or the financing of terrorism.
These are some of the most significant aspects communicated through this channel to the bank's customers and potential customers as an unwavering commitment towards the compliance with the aforementioned regulations.